Sunday, April 3, 2022

Desert Dessert and I'm Moving to Tombstone AZ

 Hello there Fast Heart Mart supporters!


I hope this message finds you well, if not, blame all the corrupt politicians all over the world who still expect us to pay taxes for their mediocre work. I mean, what other service are we expected to pay for even if it doesn't function as advertised? I'm not being politically biased when I say this as I think there is corruption from ALL sides. However, you probably didn't sign up for this mailing list to hear me rant and rave about the state of the world. Let's get back to the music, shall we? 

Desert Dessert
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msdiSR0gSQo
Here is a video for my song "Desert Dessert". 
I originally wrote this song for guitar about 14 years ago, but it's been impervious to recording. These days I play it on banjo and I feel like I've captured the best version of it that I have ever attempted. My current band has helped create a version of this song that I am very proud of.

Here are the lyrics:
a cactus flower is blooming on the side of the road where we drive through this deserted desert

the sky is so blue I can see far away into forever I can see the infinity

the heat doesn’t bother me any excuse to move slowly through this world on my long journey

a cactus flower is blooming on the side of the road where we drive through this deserted desert

I would say that this song is essentially an attempt to relay the feeling of the desert in the spring time, but I think it is probably bigger than that, but it's vague enough to leave it open to interpretation, which leads to the mystic quality.

song written by "Fast Heart" Martin Stamper
video by Boris Khamishon
accordion by Saki
delayed violin by Shadowlight
washboard by Joe Schwab
audio recording by "Fast Heart" Martin Stamper
audio mastered by Mitch Slade


Southwest Tour 2022 

I'm still out on the road in Arizona as I write this newsletter to you, with one last official gig in Phoenix, AZ this Friday April 1. It's been a mild trip with bursts of great joy playing music for people and bursts of despair at the gas prices and psychic atmosphere. You can read my tour journal here:  https://fastheartmart.com/spring-2022-southwest-tour


I'm Moving To Tombstone Arizona

I've lived in San Diego for 8 and half years now. It's been really good to me, but I think it's time to move to a place where an outlaw like me can be understood. The people in Tombstone AZ and all over southern Arizona have proven to be way more friendly than those in SoCal, especially the women. It's time for a change, so I'm moving to Tombstone, AZ. Thanks for all the memories San Diego! Don't worry, I'll come visit you often! 


Consider Being A Monthly Patron

Thank you so much for being on this newsletter! It's more difficult than ever to be an independent musician these days.

Did you know you can be donate to me and my musical endeavor monthly? Yes you can! You can be a patron on Patreon here
https://www.patreon.com/fastheartmart  



Also, if you buy any music on my BandCamp today, then 100% of the sale goes to me. 

Upcoming Shows


See You Next Month, God Willing 

Well, that's about it for this month. I thank you all who have stayed on this list through these crazy times! I have spoken my mind a bit and lost a lot of subscribers for it, but I have also gained new subscribers. I hope the lost subscribers and I can reconcile someday. I want to make it clear to everyone reading this, that I am optimistic about the great change the world is currently experiencing. I see us as a big family who has finally been forced to discuss the pink elephant in the room. Once we've all had our chance to speak and find common ground, our family will be in a better place, functioning on a higher level. 

Write back and say hello and I hope to write to you again next month :)  

Sincerely
"Fast Heart" Martin Stamper
Tombstone, AZ
April 1, 2022
www.fastheartmart.com



PS APRIL FOOLS!!!!! I'm NOT moving to Tombstone AZ. At least NOT YET. I still love San Diego and I think it's where I need to be right now :) 



--------------------------------------------------

Support Fast Heart Mart :
fastheartmart.com/patrons (preferred)
or
www.patreon.com/fastheartmart

Tips accepted:
Venmo
PayPal
CashApp: $FastHeartMart

Buy Merch etc. 
https://www.fastheartmart.com/store

Buy Music
https://fastheartmart.bandcamp.com/


ALL MY SITES ARE NOW HERE
https://linktr.ee/fastheartmart

No comments:

Post a Comment